Wednesday, September 30, 2015

A Melissa Conversation

Usually I have Benjamin conversations to share, but today in honor of Melissa's birthday, here's a conversation with her.

She was watching a new tv show the other day. The premise was a group of security experts trying to settle some security issue of great importance.  She stopped the show then said to me, "That's what I want to do!! I want to be a security expert!!"

I said, "Ok" (This is an on-going conversations in this house with her...yea...she really has no idea what she want to do with her life...well...other than win Survivor, that is...)  Then I said, "Dad has his master's in security management."

"WHAT??? DAD HAS HIS MASTERS?  AND IT'S IN SECURITY MANAGEMENT??? HOW DID I NOT KNOW THIS????"

She was shocked!  I had no idea she didn't know this....it's not like we were trying to hide it, but I guess it's just never come up in any of our daily conversations. 

After the shock wore off, she said, "You know....I feel surprisingly more safe and secure."

Alright, then.....my kids just make me laugh!

No comments: