Thursday, April 2, 2015

Spring Break Part 2

I'm still enjoying Spring Break. Yesterday I drove over and spent the day with my parents. We didn't do anything overly exciting...lunch...shopped at a few stores... But it was very nice to just sit and chat.

Today I did a few things around the house. We had workmen in the yard working on the sprinklers. They get all messed up back in the fall when we expanded our driveway and patio.  I did get very frustrated with my laptop.  It just doesn't want to talk to the printer.

Urgggg  So frustrating!!  I did what I know to do to fix the problem....which isn't very much and did not fix the problem!  So, I put it all away and spent some time in prayer.  Life looks so much better after prayer, doesn't it?

Acts 3:19 says, "...seasons of refreshing come from the presence of the Lord." This is so true! I have this things called "hour of prayer" that I got from a visiting chaplain when we were in Guam.  I love it! It calms and helps be me be clearer in mind and in what I need to focus on.

So, I spend the rest of the day on things I could do and just let my personal "geek on call" handle that lap top and printer. I'm sure he'll get them talking again.

But the best thing about today? The kids will be home late tonight! While I've enjoyed a quiet house, I'll be glad when they get home. And I'm glad we'll have a few more days off before school gets back into session on Tuesday.  Love these lazy days!

No comments: