Thursday, October 27, 2016

Current Going-Ons

I found a new author at the library this week: Carre Armstrong Gardner.  The first book in her series is All Right Here. It's about a couple trying to find their way when their married life didn't go as planned.  I've already have the second book in the series on hold at the library - hope to get it today!

I've, also, been reading a lot of Julie Garwood. For many years she wrote historical romance, but around year 2000 she began writing contemporary mystery/romance. I do remember reading the first when it came out, but not any of the others. I'm working my way through them all currently.  And so very thankful our library has all of them - which is like 16!


I am reading a lot because work is slow right now...I'm not putting in many hours at all.  I am, also, sewing some. I made my mom a bag she asked for. I love how it came out! I think it's so cute! If all goes well, then tomorrow when I'm at home, I'll start a new quilt while the laundry gets done.

The other current events around here is soccer - of course.  The high school team has been doing conditioning since late June. Then in September and October  many of the team did a local recreational team. This week was the official start to the high school league.  Which means on top of conditioning, they are, also, practicing with the ball. For the most part Benjamin loves it, but it makes it a long day when he doesn't get home until after 5:30. We all think he's playing better than he did last year...and hoping that means he'll get more play time....

His problem this morning was not being able to find two of his uniform shorts....I know at the beginning of the summer when we went through all his gear, we had them. We placed our gear order back in June, and when it came in last month, I really didn't go though it to make sure we got everything we ordered.  Then this morning Ben says he can't find his white or purple shorts. Great...just great...  And of course, the coach had us order through some special store that's not taking our orders anymore....urggg...

This weekend we will celebrate his 16th birthday.  Benjamin's choice of a party? Paintball.  I'll be the one sitting off to the side - with a good book!

No comments: