Sunday, September 12, 2010

Annoying Your 13 year old....What fun!

In Guam we used a wire-less door bell at our back door. As we were unpacking here I set it aside...not sure what to do with it since we didn't need it here.  Then it dawned on me: I'll put it in William's room.

Since William's bedroom is upstairs he doesn't always hear me when I call - especially, if his door is closed.  The other day I came in from my morning walk and realized that William was not up for school yet.  I really didn't want to climb the stairs (and no, I really don't care if you call me lazy)  so I ranged the door bell. It took two rings for him to wake up. 

He told me later, "Please, come up and wake me - I hate the door bell!"

"Really? It's more annoying than your alarm?"

"YES!" 

Hmmm. Alrighty then.

He really shouldn't have told me that.  (hehehehehe)

I have to admit: I take perverse pleasure at his "WHAT?!"  after I  have "ranged" for him. Sort of makes up for all those eye-rolls that annoy me.

No comments: