Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Another Great Book

I read what is probably one of the most enjoyable non-fiction books this past weekend.  It's from the Blind Side family, the Tuohy's of Memphis: In a Heartbeat.  While they do talk some of life with Michale Oher, the book is really their philosophy of giving.  I loved the Blind Side - I actually read the book twice and have seen the movie twice. I can see myself re-reading this book again.

Currently, I'm reading a book that I was on the library hold list for six weeks - The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. I first heard of this book early this summer as I was driving between my parents and in-law's houses. Yes, I admit that I do listen to NPR news at times.  They were actually, taking about the movie version. It sounded like a good story so I decided to track down the book.   I, also, was happy to learn this is the first in a series and there are two more books.  Not sure if they'll be two more movies, but I'll be on the look-out for them.

1 comment:

PollyS said...

Just saw a quote from that book recently. Loved what LA Touey(sp?) had to say. I have it ordered at the library. Thanks for the rec!