Monday, November 4, 2013

Subbing Again

Today I subbed in the special education department.  I truly worry about several of the students I was assigned. Right now they have parents that care for them, but what's going to happen to them when their parents pass away? I hope they have other family members that will step up and will take care of them.  Otherwise, I fear they will be homeless. I just don't see them being able to take care of all those goes into running a household....buying and preparing food, paying bills, doing repairs or arranging for workers, cleaning...  They are just like lost little puppy dogs.....it's very sad to me.

There's a few other students that have the potential to be violent, I think. I hope I'm wrong.  They just seem to get very frustrated very fast.  When I'm working with them, I try to really listen to them....that seems to help.

I have come to the conclusion that I could not work with them on a daily basis.  I just don't think I have the patience.

No comments: