Sunday, December 7, 2014

Weekend Update

Soccer....

While we won Thursday and Friday night, we lost Saturday morning 5 to 0....which, sadly, knocked us out of the tournament.  In soccer the amount of goals counts and when you lose by five, it pretty much is not good.  William was pretty bummed.

Melissa...

Melissa was able to make up all the work she missed being out of school Monday afternoon and Tuesday due to mono.  She probably should have stayed home at least another day, but she was done being sick.  She knew how much work she was missing and did not want it to pile up any more.  She did start some steroid medication and it has helped.

Election....

I did work the election yesterday.  As I have in the past, I enjoyed myself.  The day went by fast since we were very steady for the first part of the day.  After lunch it tapered off and was sporadic, but overall we had more voters to show up for this run-off then for the general election in November in our precinct (not sure what it was state wide, but heard it was less than November). I enjoy working and getting to know the ladies at my table.  We all are from different parts of the parish, so I'm don't think I would have met them otherwise.

Church....

This morning was the choir's Christmas concert.  As usual, they did a great job. But I will say, it's mostly the same music/songs they have done for the last two years.  Oh, well.  They did sound wonderful...nice way to get in the Christmas spirit.

Kids...

Melissa and Benjamin went to the youth retreat this weekend.  They seemed to have a good time, but I'm not sure what they learned spiritually....I guess time will tell if I hear more of the lessons or more of the games and socialization!

No comments: