Thursday, August 8, 2013

Frist Day of School

Today was the first day of school for my kids. Over all, I think it went well. While they may not admit to it, I think they were excited. Each of them had their clothes laid out last night - that took me by surprise. I wasn't with Melissa, but the boys? both of them?? Yep. That surprised me. But there on the floor was their uniform.

Both boys are happy with their schedules - both have classes with friends. William will be taking two college classes this semester and  I think one or two next semester. Melissa wasn't too fond of her schedule  - she only has one class with a good friend. None with her other close friends - not even lunch with them.  She and William do have lunch together, though. I'm sure Melissa will end up making some new friends, but I was disappointed for her as well. She's really had a hard time on the friendship front here...hopefully, this won't cause problems.

I, also, enjoyed the first day of school. I had breakfast with two my friends, then did errands on the base. I had only about an hour and half of a quiet house before they arrived home from school. Tomorrow though I have nothing planned other than making a quick trip to the library. Well, maybe a few loads of laundry.....that, of course, never seems to go away.   Should be a nice and quiet day!

No comments: