Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Hump Day

I started the day off with a walk with my neighbors, Alice and April. Alice and I have been walking most mornings since school let out.  While I don't really like getting out of bed at 6 a.m., I do like an early start to the day and visiting with her.  April usually walks with her husband, but he's out of town, so she joined us today.

Later in the morning I did some errands while Melissa was at her practice driving portion of driver's ed. Yep. Pretty soon we'll have another driver in the family.  I have yet to ride with her as the driver.....I'm still recovering from William driving when we were going to DC in November (that would be when he almost killed us in Atlanta and then later added "character" to my van.)

Anyway - back to Melissa.... She was VERY nervous  the first two days and was not happy with how she drove, but today felt calmer and felt like she did better.  She has one more day of practice driving with her instructor, then she can get her permit.  With this being a holiday weekend, it'll be next week before we're able to do that.

Later in the day I was able to work on my next quilting project....didn't get nearly enough done as I wanted to, but that's how things go in a full house! This project how each block representing a month of the year in a windmill pattern. Very excited about it!

As I posted a few weeks ago, I got off facebook.  But now I'm back on....not sure if I'll stay on....but for now it's fun catching up with friends.


No comments: