Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Hump Day

Didn't realize until I logged in just now that it's been almost a week since I posted.  Mainly because the rest of my family has hogged BOTH computers over this last week.  What's a girl to do?

Yep  - Read. Sew.  Good times...until the breaker in the sewing room keeps flipping off. And off. And off - too many times to count. It seems that my iron (you do have a lot of ironing in sew a quilt, by the way), likes to trip the fuse. So. I now will be ironing in a different room.

It's been a crazy week - well, Monday was crazy. Yesterday MUCH calmer! Thank you, Lord. I need a few calm days. 

Not too much going on this morning - meeting with a new friend about a Bible study. I'll be teaching on Thursday mornings and she will teach the same study on Sunday evenings  - both at our  church.  I did not pick out this study, so I'm not too familiar with the author or the material.  Yes, lots of extra studying will be involved.  We'll just have to see how it goes!

This afternoon our crazy Wednesday schedule continues.  Last school year we had piano on Wednesdays just before church - not even time really for a dinner.  I chose to keep  the same day as I know soccer will be on other days, but this time we moved piano lessons up 15 minutes, so this year we have time to actually eat something at a quick pit stop at the house. At least that's the plan.

Melissa and Benjamin are still not 100% sold on piano lessons, but they are surviving. They do love their teacher (even if she made Melissa cry last week - "Feel the music?? How does one feel the music???!!!! - Poor thing. She was so upset!  Hopefully, today the lesson for her will be better.)  William really likes piano - he's at the stage where he's able to play real interesting pieces and see the results of working hard.  But then, he's the one that's always has loved the music. 

I really thought William would jump at the chance to switch to guitar this summer when we gave him the option. But no. He wants to stick with the piano.   I was shocked!! (And admitting upset even.) He had been asking for a guitar for several years.  But I think he doesn't want to go back to simple songs now that he's gotten so far in piano.  

Now Benjamin would love to switch to a new instrument.  And what would that be? The drums.  No surprise really.  Anything that's loud and will give Mom a headache!   But yes, next year, I will say "yes" and let him go into band. For the drums.  I hope the band director lets the students pick the instrument they want....otherwise, it's not going to be a good year.

No comments: