Tuesday, January 28, 2014

More Soccer

Sadly, last night we lost the BIG game....if we had won, we would have been first in our district. But it was not meant to be.  But let me tell you - the cold here in the Deep South?  No joke!!  The wind alone is enough to cut right through you!  So, very glad I have my zero degree sleeping bag...and really don't care that I look like a purple caterpillar. Warm is worth it.

Tonight we played again and won! That means we are second in the district (for the third year in a row) and we will play in the play-offs.  It's too early to know if we'll get a local field or not...I'm so hoping so! 

Drew was nice enough to be in charge of the soccer game tonight, so I was able to stay home and be warm while he braved the cold (although he didn't brave the cold too much - he sat in the car watching the game).  This particular game was a make up game that was cancelled due to a cold snap. The ironic thing? Tonight was colder.

Such is life.

We have two more non-district games and at least one play-off game....I'm praying for warmer weather.

No comments: