Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Chef Benjamin

Today the boys and I survived day three of VBS....only two more to go!!  The first class was....well...crazy.  Just too many kids.  And for a portion of the class, there are other classes in gym. Which means these three and four year olds just want to yell and wave at their older siblings and friends.  The older kids are in the mist of their games, and so there's lots of screaming and yelling and none of my classes can hear me.

I really should just bring ear plugs and let my classes run wild.

Two more days....two more days.....

(Melissa is helping with the third grade class and loves it!!)

------------------------

On a different subject.....

One of my goals this summer is to have the kids cook more.  Melissa and Benjamin cook fairly often, but William?  Only sandwiches and the occasional scrabbled egg.. None of the kids were around when I made out my menu, so this time around they had to choose from my menu instead of what they wanted to cook.  Benjamin had his turn tonight. He made my (or rather my mother's) meatballs and spaghetti sauce.  He did a great job!!  Very tasty! I probably will make William take his turn tomorrow night....otherwise he will try to find a way out of it.

I'm not interested in making them perfect chefs, but would like to be reassured that when they leave my house, they will be able to feed themselves with something other than grilled cheeses and frozen stuff.  After all, if you can follow a recipe, you can pretty much cook anything.

No comments: