Monday, June 6, 2011

Choking

Thursday I was working on a project on the computer when I heard a choking noise. I turned around and saw William with a panic look in his eyes. I asked if he was choking - he nodded yes.

I jumped up, ran to him, and did the Heimlich. Then I beat on his back. Then did the Heimlich again. Then beat on his back again. He finally said, "I'm good. I'm good."

Oh, so sweet words. Much better than that horrible noise of him trying to catch a breathe.

When I asked him what happened, he said the strawberry got swallowed just about whole.

Yeah....not a good way to eat!

And yeah. I think it took a few years off my life.

Then on Friday I was laying on the couch watching TV when I heard a choking sound from upstairs.  I yelled, "William!!!"

He yelled," I'm okay."

"What happened??"

"A piece of candy."

"What are you doing??  Son, would you quit trying to choke to death??!!!"

As Drew said, it's always something.

No comments: