Friday, December 9, 2011

A New List

Last year when I started to substitute teacher here, I was just stopped dead in my tracks one day with a thought: One of these boys will try to date my daughter one day.

I really did just stop dead. And took a big gulp. Oh. dear.  I'm not ready for this. Then I did the only sane thing I knew to do: I started to pray.

This week I had slightly different thought: I need a list....a list of boys Melissa will NEVER date. 

After all, the purpose of dating is to find a mate. And if you can't sit down, be quiet, do your work, what makes you think will be good husband material???

So, unless you have a "come to Jesus" meeting, please, don't ask to date my daughter.

(Oh, and on a different note: I'm at 7. That would be 7 students I have had removed from my room for disruptive behavior this year.  The good news is word is getting out that I don't take much crap. And when I say I'll call the front office, I really will. They really don't pay me enough to deal with disrespectful behavior.)

1 comment:

Dana said...

I Kissed Dating Goodbye by Josh Harris. Not sure if that's the author's first name, but very good book!