Saturday, September 8, 2012

Time for More Meds and Cooler Weather

Today the temp is in the mid-70's with clouds - so much better than the 102+ we had this week. I love summer and enjoy the sunshine and warmness, but it's September. I'm done melting. We are enjoying this. I'm looking forward to the next few months when we get to pull out long-sleeves and sweaters...I really love sweaters!

I ended up taking Benjamin to the doctor yesterday for an asthma check up. He has been using more "rescue" meds during cross country and soccer - more than I thought the doctor would like. And I was right. So, we are starting on some new controller meds. Also, we are going to have some testing done to see if this is his asthma and allergies or if it's more "exercise induced" asthma.  They have the same symptoms but are treated differently. 

While we were at the doctor's he offered to go ahead and have Benjamin get his flu shot. Sure! I had no problems with that....Benjamin on the other hand was not so thrilled. But he is so much better at shots than his sister.  Last year we had to hold her down.

Which is understandable at three. Not thirteen.  It was not a pretty sight.

Hate to see how this year will go....

All  in all it's been a good week. And are now enjoying a lazy weekend. We hosted a dinner party for  a few friends last night, so we are just going to hang out and watch some football the rest of the weekend.  (Of course, I think Melissa has other plans....I think she wants to go shopping......that babysitting money is burning a hole in her wallet....)

No comments: