Wednesday, December 5, 2012

This Week...Soccer, of course

Last night was another soccer game for William - and he scored a goal! Actually, he scored three, but only one counted. The school we played we have beat every time we've played, so we were not surprised that we won again.  This is a smaller school - I don't think they have a JV as there were several players smaller than William. He plays again tomorrow night. At least we don't have any games this weekend - last weekend was a tournament - which means we're at the field most of the weekend. They played great - amazing! - on Friday night. Won one game and almost won the 2nd. But they came in Saturday tired. Or something.  Saturday they played horrible - not real energy. So, we lost. William did play in one JV game and scored the only goal for our team. I really didn't want him to stay and play that game, but he wanted to get some play time in since he did not play in the Saturday varsity game.  Good thing we stayed! He - along with the rest of the team - were very glad we at least got on the board. The game ended in a tie - the other team went on to the finals as they scored more goals in earlier games.

We are getting ready for Christmas. I'm just about done with my shopping....just a few minor things to get....  I do have some gifts that I want to make....but that's for next week's to-do list.

Melissa is doing lots of baby-sitting. I was quite proud of her yesterday - she put a good portion of what she made in the bank.  She is not one to save - she is one to spend! But gets a little upset when the boys have more money in the bank..... She's learning.

I haven't subbed last week or this week....I think I'll drop by the school tomorrow to see if I can pick up some days....

I tried to work on a quilting project today, but my machine gave me some trouble.  I just wasn't in the mood for it, so I packed it all back up. Another day I'll argue with it and fix it. And rip out what was sewn today as the thread was looping on the under side.

No comments: