Monday, April 22, 2013

Ready or Not, High School is A-Coming!!

Tonight I went a high school orientation for Melissa. The counselor mainly went over the class options for 9th graders. Since I already went through this for William, she really didn't say much I had not heard before. But it was nice to make sure I had all the correct information.

Several of my friends who also will a freshman next year were there. Most of them said they were NOT ready for their child to be in high school yet. I on the other hand am very excited!

I love seeing how my kids have grown! Melissa is ready for this next step in her life. I think she'll have a great time.

While William is enrolled in a special called STEM, we have decided not to enroll Melissa. STEM is science, technology, engineering, and math. While
Melissa loves math, she doesn't really enjoy science. She wants to work with children in some way, so she won't be needing the extra classes. But she will enroll in honor classes as William did.

No comments: