Wednesday, January 29, 2014

If it quacks like a duck.....

One of the things we have been most surprised about living here in the Deep South is how much the Christian faith is embraced.  We are NOT complaining at all!!  We love it. But it still takes us by surprise at times...like today....

I worked half day at a local elementary.  As I walked in the students were lined up  for lunch. After the teacher passed out germ-x (we are knee deep in the flu season!!!), she asked if any one wanted to give a "blessing".  And sure enough, a boy raised his hand then proceeded to give a very Christian prayer.  The teacher may have called it a blessing, but that was a very powerful prayer!

I was very taken back. As I said, I'm glad this community embraces my faith, but it still surprises me. I do love seeing young kids step up and exhibit their faith in from of their fellow classmates.  While I was surprised, I was impressed as well.

No comments: