Monday, February 23, 2015

Melissa

As I was driving down to the south part of the state for William's play-off soccer game, I got a text from Melissa.  Since William had to leave with the team early that morning, he drove to school.  Melissa was to drive his car home after school as he was going to ride home with me and not the on the team bus. In the text Melissa sent me, she said  she left her driving license at the house and she didn't know what to do - should she ride the bus home or just risk it???

Since she asked, there was no way I was going to tell her to break the law and drive home without a license!  At a pit-stop, I text back to say she needed to get a friend to help her get back to the school to get William's car.  Her reply was that she had to babysit between school and church that night.  I replied back, "then after church."

Then she said, "but then MY car will be at the church!!!"

At this point I just had to shake my head....oh, my.  She can be blond at moments....

I text back to her, "Melissa you are a  straight A student, you are smart -figure it out, but both cars need to be back at the house tonight!!!!"

Her response: Ok. I'll figure it out.

Good...because, at this point I'm five hours away - I really can't help ya!

Late in the afternoon, I got a text from her saying that the youth director's wife, Stacie, would help her.  The next day when I saw Stacie  I thanked her for helping Melissa. She just laughed and said, "She told me my mom said I was intelligent and I could figure this out!"

I had to laugh, too.  As we were driving home, William  and I both admitted that neither one of us would have told anyone that we were missing our driving license. We would have just taken a chance and driven home. Very proud that Melissa did the right thing!

No comments: