Friday, November 4, 2016

Book Update

I read another book in the Julie Garwood series. The mystery itself wasn't an interesting as some of the other ones in the series -  I did pick up on the one hint as to who was the bad guy.  Maybe the other books had hints and I just didn't pick up on them....or maybe this book wasn't as good as some of the others.

I did have problem with the part of the love story. The hero was partner of the heroin's brother. This brother and some of the others were not as protective as I thought the author would have them to be. Just excepted it to be part of the story....maybe that was part of the reason I was slightly disappointed in this one.

And yes, it pretty much went by her "formula".

I did read another book  this week that was delightful: Letters from Paris by Juliet Blackwell.  I really liked the story.  The author is from California and I think she needed to do a little more research about the state of Louisiana. At one point she mentioned a "county" fair.  Now...anyone that's been actually IN Louisiana knows we don't' have counties...and so....we don't have "county" fairs.  We have State Fairs and festivals....lots and lots of festivals. And as one friend pointed out, most of our festivals are named after food. Maybe a few animals....especially the ones we can eat...  But the story itself was very nice.

But since I know she got a few things about Louisiana wrong, makes me wonder what she got wrong about Paris (where the majority of the story takes place), but since I've never been to France, I don't know what's right and what's slightly off.

The author took an old French legend and wrote how she thought the real story could have possibly played out.  It was just a delightful book!

No comments: