Tuesday, February 28, 2017

No Longer a Teenager

We have made it through the teenage years with our first.  This is the first birthday I was able  to spend with him in two years.  Last year he was at school finishing up his second quarter of college.  The year before that, I was gone with Benjamin on an 8th grade trip to New Orleans.  

He had a good day, I think.

First off - he's on spring break, so he gets to sleep in.  I think all college students love that!  Then in the afternoon he went with a few of his friends to pretend to be protesters in a training sessions for the local police. He's done this another time as well. I think today, he got to throw tennis balls at the trainees. 

Tonight we went out for dinner at a local Japanese place.  (We usually get Japanese on his birthday since he was born in Japan.)  After dinner we went home to hang out for a little while to wait for Drew to get home. He had been traveling, but got home just in time for cake and ice cream and gifts. 

And I think a good time had by all.....lots of laughing....and singing loudly in the car....love these kids...especially this one who made me a mom. 



 

No comments: