Sunday, April 10, 2011

Money & Respect

Oh, I had many thoughts about the Great Budget Fight that went on last week. I do admire people who stand for what they believe in and fight for it. But not at  other people's expense.  Congress had eight months to protect military families.

But they did not. Instead they used us as pawns.

While my family can handle a half pay pay check, many of my fellow military friends can  not.Many spent the week deep in worry and stress.  My heart ached for the enlisted families  - especially for those who's military member is deployed. 

To be so far away from your family AND have to worry about money??? CRAZY!! Sheer craziness.

I'm not sure if you can tell me anything to change my belief that many in Congress used us as pawns.  Eight months. That's plenty of time of putting your money where your mouth is - to show that you truely care and support our troops.

Now, we see what happens next.  Later, this week they are to sign into law the new budget that they agreed upon late Friday night.  Then we get to watch the fight over 2012's budget.

It's not going to be pretty, I feel.

We'll see if the military will be used as pawns again or given the respect the fighting men and women of the Armed Forces  deserve.

No comments: