Sunday, March 10, 2013

iDoctor

Drew has a new name: iDoctor.

I was so proud of myself for going two and half years with my iphone and it not cracking or being dropped in water. But that streak ended last month. Not sure how it happened, but the front screen cracked.

I think it happened the night of Melissa's beauty pageant. I had my iphone, keys, camera and no pockets. I must have hit it all together the wrong way. I didn't notice it until the next morning at church. Boo-hoo!

Even though I am eligible for an upgrade, we want to wait a few more months before buying a new phone. I remembered a friend mentioning on facebook that her husband replaced his broken front screen by buying a kit off of ebay and watching a youtube video.

So, we looked around ebay and youtube. Drew saw a challenge! And he conquered it!

He did run into a few problems (like a stripped screw) and it took most of the afternoon as he was going very slowly, but it worked! I now have a crack-free iphone once again!

And I will be very careful not to break this one!

No comments: