Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Streak Continues

While we have had no shortage of illnesses and injuries that have required trips to the ER, we have yet to have any broken bones. We have had face glue, stitches, CAT-scans, run-ins with hard concrete, peanuts...well...just read here.  It's really just too many to list.

And that's really just when we were in Guam. Since we have been back in the States, we had to deal with Melissa being ill enough to be in the hospital, my father taking a horrible fall down his driveway, William with the flu and some oral surgery. But no broken bones.

I find that on the un-usual side based on the stories of my friends.

But today I thought that streak had been broken. Benjamin comes in the kitchen with his skateboard in hand saying he had fallen (and while he was able to get up) his arm was hurting. After an hour or so with ice, he said it was still hurting a lot.

So, off to the ER we go. And let me say, we - Drew and I - were very impressed with the portable X-ray machine...even if none of us were asked to wear an apron like you normally are...So, if I sprout another head, we'll know why!

Back to my story - While we did get a hard splint, the X-rays showed no break.

Deep sign.

The streak continues - thank you, Lord!

No comments: